Nov 14, 2010, 1:40 PM EDT
With the investigation ongoing, some new details came to light Sunday.
A shipment of 50 pre-loaded syringes was sent to Jose Guillen’s house and signed for by his wife in September, a source close to the investigation told the New York Daily News.
According to the report, DEA agents, monitoring the activies of the alleged supplier, intercepted the package and delivered it to Guillen’s home, where his wife, Yamel Guillen, signed for it. After the agents identified themselves, Yamel Guillen consented to the search of the package, which turned up the HGH-filled syringes.
The Daily News goes on to report that the DEA may be looking into a second incident in which HGH was also shipped to a San Francisco apartment or hotel address under Jose Guillen’s name.
The investigation figures to take a heavy toll on Guillen’s prospects this winter. The free agent was also linked to HGH in the Mitchell Report, and the San Francisco Chronicle reported that he spent $19,000 on illegal drubs between 2002-05. Now a borderline player, Guillen will have a tough time finding work with these latest allegations hanging over his head.
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 21
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 9
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 34
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)