Nov 15, 2010, 5:48 PM EDT
New manager Ron Roenicke met twice with Peterson, but the team decided to let him go and eat the one season and $450,000 remaining on his contract.
Kranitz spent the past three seasons as the Orioles’ pitching coach, but was not asked back when new manager Buck Showalter made changes to his staff last month. Baltimore’s pitching staff ranked 13th, 14th, and 13th among AL teams in runs allowed under Kranitz, while the Brewers ranked 14th among NL teams in runs allowed under Peterson.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (81)