Nov 15, 2010, 5:48 PM EST
New manager Ron Roenicke met twice with Peterson, but the team decided to let him go and eat the one season and $450,000 remaining on his contract.
Kranitz spent the past three seasons as the Orioles’ pitching coach, but was not asked back when new manager Buck Showalter made changes to his staff last month. Baltimore’s pitching staff ranked 13th, 14th, and 13th among AL teams in runs allowed under Kranitz, while the Brewers ranked 14th among NL teams in runs allowed under Peterson.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 10
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 62
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4