Nov 15, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Jon Heyman says that Cliff Lee’s agent has told teams that Lee is “not taking offers yet” and that he doesn’t see Lee signing before the Winter Meetings next month.
I don’t understand. Why would you not take offers yet? If a team makes an offer, that’s information. Could be leverage. You don’t have to accept it, especially if it’s a b.s. offer. If it comes with conditions on accepting it or rejecting it within a certain time frame you can tell the team to go fly a kite. But why wouldn’t you at least listen to an offer?
I can’t decide if the free agency process is unnecessarily complicated or if it’s actually straight forward, but those of us interpreting all of the news, rumor, leaks and what not merely make it complicated ourselves.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)