Nov 15, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Jon Heyman says that Cliff Lee’s agent has told teams that Lee is “not taking offers yet” and that he doesn’t see Lee signing before the Winter Meetings next month.
I don’t understand. Why would you not take offers yet? If a team makes an offer, that’s information. Could be leverage. You don’t have to accept it, especially if it’s a b.s. offer. If it comes with conditions on accepting it or rejecting it within a certain time frame you can tell the team to go fly a kite. But why wouldn’t you at least listen to an offer?
I can’t decide if the free agency process is unnecessarily complicated or if it’s actually straight forward, but those of us interpreting all of the news, rumor, leaks and what not merely make it complicated ourselves.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)