Nov 15, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Jon Heyman says that Cliff Lee’s agent has told teams that Lee is “not taking offers yet” and that he doesn’t see Lee signing before the Winter Meetings next month.
I don’t understand. Why would you not take offers yet? If a team makes an offer, that’s information. Could be leverage. You don’t have to accept it, especially if it’s a b.s. offer. If it comes with conditions on accepting it or rejecting it within a certain time frame you can tell the team to go fly a kite. But why wouldn’t you at least listen to an offer?
I can’t decide if the free agency process is unnecessarily complicated or if it’s actually straight forward, but those of us interpreting all of the news, rumor, leaks and what not merely make it complicated ourselves.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)