Nov 15, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
See what happens when you try to put football where baseball belongs?
It’s been a rough year for Harry Caray.
First came the move of his statue, and now comes the news that the Cubs accidentally damaged it while making over the ballpark for the Nov. 20 Northwestern-Illinois football game.
It’s a Liberty Bell-style crack in the base, apparently. Of course, given that Harry never struck me as a type-A perfectionist kind of guy, my guess is that, wherever he is, he doesn’t care much about it. “Wow, that’s greaht!” he’s probably saying. Actually, that’s more like Will Farrell saying it like Harry Caray would say it, but you get what I’m driving at. Anyway, here’s the most disturbing thing from the article:
The statue existed without incident for 11 years at the corner of Addison and Sheffield, except for a couple pranks in which someone hung a dead goat carcass on the statue. That occurred once in 2007, and again before the home opener in 2009.
Damn Pagans must be living on No-Doz!
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)