Nov 15, 2010, 1:17 PM EST
Over the weekend Phillies right-hander Kyle Kendrick married former three-time “Survivor” contestant Stephenie LaGrossa.
People magazine has all the sappy details, such as the couples’ two dogs acting as flower girls and what dress LaGrossa wore, but I’m more interested in the fact that two-fifths of the Phillies’ rotation is now married to “Survivor” contestants.
Four years ago Cole Hamels married Heidi Strobel, who famously shed her clothes for some chocolate in Season 6 of the reality show and ended up finishing fourth.
Perhaps, much like Billy Beane and the A’s searching for on-base percentage and good players who may not look good in a uniform back when Moneyball came out, Ruben Amaro Jr. and the Phillies have discovered that pitchers married to women from reality shows are the latest market inefficiency.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 107
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 39
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 367
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (107)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)