Nov 15, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
Over the weekend Phillies right-hander Kyle Kendrick married former three-time “Survivor” contestant Stephenie LaGrossa.
People magazine has all the sappy details, such as the couples’ two dogs acting as flower girls and what dress LaGrossa wore, but I’m more interested in the fact that two-fifths of the Phillies’ rotation is now married to “Survivor” contestants.
Four years ago Cole Hamels married Heidi Strobel, who famously shed her clothes for some chocolate in Season 6 of the reality show and ended up finishing fourth.
Perhaps, much like Billy Beane and the A’s searching for on-base percentage and good players who may not look good in a uniform back when Moneyball came out, Ruben Amaro Jr. and the Phillies have discovered that pitchers married to women from reality shows are the latest market inefficiency.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 7
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)