Nov 15, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
Over the weekend Phillies right-hander Kyle Kendrick married former three-time “Survivor” contestant Stephenie LaGrossa.
People magazine has all the sappy details, such as the couples’ two dogs acting as flower girls and what dress LaGrossa wore, but I’m more interested in the fact that two-fifths of the Phillies’ rotation is now married to “Survivor” contestants.
Four years ago Cole Hamels married Heidi Strobel, who famously shed her clothes for some chocolate in Season 6 of the reality show and ended up finishing fourth.
Perhaps, much like Billy Beane and the A’s searching for on-base percentage and good players who may not look good in a uniform back when Moneyball came out, Ruben Amaro Jr. and the Phillies have discovered that pitchers married to women from reality shows are the latest market inefficiency.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)