Nov 15, 2010, 1:17 PM EDT
Over the weekend Phillies right-hander Kyle Kendrick married former three-time “Survivor” contestant Stephenie LaGrossa.
People magazine has all the sappy details, such as the couples’ two dogs acting as flower girls and what dress LaGrossa wore, but I’m more interested in the fact that two-fifths of the Phillies’ rotation is now married to “Survivor” contestants.
Four years ago Cole Hamels married Heidi Strobel, who famously shed her clothes for some chocolate in Season 6 of the reality show and ended up finishing fourth.
Perhaps, much like Billy Beane and the A’s searching for on-base percentage and good players who may not look good in a uniform back when Moneyball came out, Ruben Amaro Jr. and the Phillies have discovered that pitchers married to women from reality shows are the latest market inefficiency.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)