Nov 15, 2010, 8:22 AM EDT
Every week or two, Larry Granillo at Wezen-Ball comes up with something that can only be classified as pure genius. This time I think he’s topped himself: the Periodic Table of Hall of Famers. The table is here. The explanation, here. Short version: Willie Mays is boron, Cap Anson is rubidium Tom Seaver is ununoctium, and there’s a reason for all of that.
I wish my brain worked that way.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 0
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 4
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 17
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)