Nov 15, 2010, 10:36 PM EDT
UPDATE: Pretty sweet deal for the Dodgers. According to ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark, Kuroda will receive an $8 million salary next season and a $4 million signing bonus that will be paid out in 2012 and 2013.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Kuroda also receives a full no-trade clause and can earn an additional $500,000 with incentives.
10:06 PM: Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that Kuroda will receive a one-year, $12 million contract.
9:48 PM: As expected, the deal is for one year, according to Dylan Hernandez.
9:30 PM: According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Hiroki Kuroda has re-signed with the Dodgers.
No word yet on the exact terms of the contract, but the two sides were reportedly close to a one-year, $12 million deal over the weekend.
Kuroda, who turns 36 in February, recently considered a return to Japan after completing his three-year, $35.3 million contract with the Dodgers, but he would have left a boatload of money on the table in the process. The right-hander posted a 3.39 ERA, 1.16 WHIP and 158 /48 K/BB ratio over 31 starts this past season and was easily one of the best free agent starters available.
We wondered which direction the Dodgers would go in this winter, but after re-signing both Kuroda and Ted Lilly, the starting rotation is in place to be a real strength in 2011.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 20
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)