Nov 15, 2010, 10:36 PM EST
UPDATE: Pretty sweet deal for the Dodgers. According to ESPN.com’s Jayson Stark, Kuroda will receive an $8 million salary next season and a $4 million signing bonus that will be paid out in 2012 and 2013.
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com, Kuroda also receives a full no-trade clause and can earn an additional $500,000 with incentives.
10:06 PM: Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that Kuroda will receive a one-year, $12 million contract.
9:48 PM: As expected, the deal is for one year, according to Dylan Hernandez.
9:30 PM: According to Dylan Hernandez of the Los Angeles Times, Hiroki Kuroda has re-signed with the Dodgers.
No word yet on the exact terms of the contract, but the two sides were reportedly close to a one-year, $12 million deal over the weekend.
Kuroda, who turns 36 in February, recently considered a return to Japan after completing his three-year, $35.3 million contract with the Dodgers, but he would have left a boatload of money on the table in the process. The right-hander posted a 3.39 ERA, 1.16 WHIP and 158 /48 K/BB ratio over 31 starts this past season and was easily one of the best free agent starters available.
We wondered which direction the Dodgers would go in this winter, but after re-signing both Kuroda and Ted Lilly, the starting rotation is in place to be a real strength in 2011.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)