Nov 15, 2010, 5:14 PM EST
Mike Bell will replace Brogna after serving as the Diamondbacks’ minor league field coordinator this season.
Arizona senior vice president of scouting and player development Jerry Dipoto announced the switch and gave no details on Brogna’s change of heart, other than to say: “We all respect Rico’s decision to resign as director of player development and wish him the best in his future endeavors.”
Kevin Towers was hired as the Diamondbacks’ new general manager last month and beat out Dipoto, who had served as interim GM.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 20
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)