Nov 16, 2010, 9:18 AM EDT
Nick Collias over at MLBTR reports that Bartlo Colon is thinking comeback. I’ll believe that when I see it. But I suppose he could be serious. Why? Because Nick tells me that one of the Spanish language articles covering Colon’s recent performances reported Bartolo hitting on one of my favorite topics. Seems that Colon has been working out in his village and with a personal trainer in Santo Domingo and . . .
“logré una forma deportiva muy adecuada.”
Nick — who is awesome because he sends me translations of stuff that are in my particular wheelhouse — tells me that this literally means, “I achieved a very adequate athletic shape.” However, he says that a colloquial translation could easily have that as “I’m in the best shape of my life.” It’s certainly close enough for me to include it in my cataloging of the meme. Thanks, Nick!
And if there is a God in heaven, he will put Bartolo Colon back in the majors, because life is that much more interesting with him around. And then abruptly leaving.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)