Nov 16, 2010, 9:18 AM EST
Nick Collias over at MLBTR reports that Bartlo Colon is thinking comeback. I’ll believe that when I see it. But I suppose he could be serious. Why? Because Nick tells me that one of the Spanish language articles covering Colon’s recent performances reported Bartolo hitting on one of my favorite topics. Seems that Colon has been working out in his village and with a personal trainer in Santo Domingo and . . .
“logré una forma deportiva muy adecuada.”
Nick — who is awesome because he sends me translations of stuff that are in my particular wheelhouse — tells me that this literally means, “I achieved a very adequate athletic shape.” However, he says that a colloquial translation could easily have that as “I’m in the best shape of my life.” It’s certainly close enough for me to include it in my cataloging of the meme. Thanks, Nick!
And if there is a God in heaven, he will put Bartolo Colon back in the majors, because life is that much more interesting with him around. And then abruptly leaving.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)