Nov 16, 2010, 9:18 AM EDT
Nick Collias over at MLBTR reports that Bartlo Colon is thinking comeback. I’ll believe that when I see it. But I suppose he could be serious. Why? Because Nick tells me that one of the Spanish language articles covering Colon’s recent performances reported Bartolo hitting on one of my favorite topics. Seems that Colon has been working out in his village and with a personal trainer in Santo Domingo and . . .
“logré una forma deportiva muy adecuada.”
Nick — who is awesome because he sends me translations of stuff that are in my particular wheelhouse — tells me that this literally means, “I achieved a very adequate athletic shape.” However, he says that a colloquial translation could easily have that as “I’m in the best shape of my life.” It’s certainly close enough for me to include it in my cataloging of the meme. Thanks, Nick!
And if there is a God in heaven, he will put Bartolo Colon back in the majors, because life is that much more interesting with him around. And then abruptly leaving.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)