Nov 16, 2010, 9:18 AM EDT
Nick Collias over at MLBTR reports that Bartlo Colon is thinking comeback. I’ll believe that when I see it. But I suppose he could be serious. Why? Because Nick tells me that one of the Spanish language articles covering Colon’s recent performances reported Bartolo hitting on one of my favorite topics. Seems that Colon has been working out in his village and with a personal trainer in Santo Domingo and . . .
“logré una forma deportiva muy adecuada.”
Nick — who is awesome because he sends me translations of stuff that are in my particular wheelhouse — tells me that this literally means, “I achieved a very adequate athletic shape.” However, he says that a colloquial translation could easily have that as “I’m in the best shape of my life.” It’s certainly close enough for me to include it in my cataloging of the meme. Thanks, Nick!
And if there is a God in heaven, he will put Bartolo Colon back in the majors, because life is that much more interesting with him around. And then abruptly leaving.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)