Nov 16, 2010, 4:49 PM EST
Colorado is interested in re-signing Jeff Francis and he’s also drawing interest from Seattle, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, and Houston, according to Jerry Crasnick of ESPN.com.
Last month the Rockies declined their $7 million option on Francis for 2011, which was a no-brainer after he returned from shoulder surgery to post a 5.00 ERA in 104 innings.
Francis is still just 29 years old and if you look beyond the ugly ERA he had a solid 67/23 K/BB ratio, which makes the left-hander an intriguing post-surgery flier for teams not interested in getting into bidding wars for free agent starters like Jorge De La Rosa, Jake Westbrook, and Carl Pavano.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)