Nov 16, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
You may find this hard to believe given his lithe and healthy frame, but apparently Prince Fielder is not, as he loudly proclaimed a couple of years ago, really a vegetarian:
prince fielder spotted eating with scott boras at hotel. no word on whether prince stuck to veggies. #pseudovegetarian
That was Jon Heyman, who is at the GM meetings.
For all of you who think I have it in for Heyman, hear me now as I defend him: no man who is shill for Scott Boras clients, as Heyman is sometimes accused of being, would rat out Fielder like that. That whole vegetarian thing was apparently because Fielder’s wife wanted him not to eat meat. If what Heyman says is true, and Fielder is a “pseudo-vegetarian,” Mrs. Fielder is probably going to have his butt in a sling when he gets back from Orlando.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (80)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (75)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (72)