Nov 16, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
You may find this hard to believe given his lithe and healthy frame, but apparently Prince Fielder is not, as he loudly proclaimed a couple of years ago, really a vegetarian:
prince fielder spotted eating with scott boras at hotel. no word on whether prince stuck to veggies. #pseudovegetarian
That was Jon Heyman, who is at the GM meetings.
For all of you who think I have it in for Heyman, hear me now as I defend him: no man who is shill for Scott Boras clients, as Heyman is sometimes accused of being, would rat out Fielder like that. That whole vegetarian thing was apparently because Fielder’s wife wanted him not to eat meat. If what Heyman says is true, and Fielder is a “pseudo-vegetarian,” Mrs. Fielder is probably going to have his butt in a sling when he gets back from Orlando.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)