Nov 16, 2010, 3:34 PM EST
You may find this hard to believe given his lithe and healthy frame, but apparently Prince Fielder is not, as he loudly proclaimed a couple of years ago, really a vegetarian:
prince fielder spotted eating with scott boras at hotel. no word on whether prince stuck to veggies. #pseudovegetarian
That was Jon Heyman, who is at the GM meetings.
For all of you who think I have it in for Heyman, hear me now as I defend him: no man who is shill for Scott Boras clients, as Heyman is sometimes accused of being, would rat out Fielder like that. That whole vegetarian thing was apparently because Fielder’s wife wanted him not to eat meat. If what Heyman says is true, and Fielder is a “pseudo-vegetarian,” Mrs. Fielder is probably going to have his butt in a sling when he gets back from Orlando.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 24
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 51
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)