Nov 16, 2010, 3:34 PM EDT
You may find this hard to believe given his lithe and healthy frame, but apparently Prince Fielder is not, as he loudly proclaimed a couple of years ago, really a vegetarian:
prince fielder spotted eating with scott boras at hotel. no word on whether prince stuck to veggies. #pseudovegetarian
That was Jon Heyman, who is at the GM meetings.
For all of you who think I have it in for Heyman, hear me now as I defend him: no man who is shill for Scott Boras clients, as Heyman is sometimes accused of being, would rat out Fielder like that. That whole vegetarian thing was apparently because Fielder’s wife wanted him not to eat meat. If what Heyman says is true, and Fielder is a “pseudo-vegetarian,” Mrs. Fielder is probably going to have his butt in a sling when he gets back from Orlando.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8