Nov 16, 2010, 10:02 AM EST
As I mentioned yesterday, they’re tearing up Wrigley Field so Illinois can play Northwestern there on Saturday. I put this under the category of Bad Idea Jeans if for no other reason than — based on the picture in this article in the Chicago Tribune — any receivers who get a ball thrown to them deep in the end zone are taking their life in their hands. Yeah, there’s padding there, but there are bricks under it, and I can’t feature that feeling very good.
And how about that purple marquee? If the Cubs decide to call me back for comment on that whole tax dollars thing, I’ll ask them how uglying-up the iconic sign fits with their request to restore the public institution that is Wrigley Field with public money.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 10
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 69
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 47
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 8
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)