Nov 16, 2010, 10:02 AM EDT
As I mentioned yesterday, they’re tearing up Wrigley Field so Illinois can play Northwestern there on Saturday. I put this under the category of Bad Idea Jeans if for no other reason than — based on the picture in this article in the Chicago Tribune — any receivers who get a ball thrown to them deep in the end zone are taking their life in their hands. Yeah, there’s padding there, but there are bricks under it, and I can’t feature that feeling very good.
And how about that purple marquee? If the Cubs decide to call me back for comment on that whole tax dollars thing, I’ll ask them how uglying-up the iconic sign fits with their request to restore the public institution that is Wrigley Field with public money.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)