Nov 16, 2010, 10:02 AM EDT
As I mentioned yesterday, they’re tearing up Wrigley Field so Illinois can play Northwestern there on Saturday. I put this under the category of Bad Idea Jeans if for no other reason than — based on the picture in this article in the Chicago Tribune — any receivers who get a ball thrown to them deep in the end zone are taking their life in their hands. Yeah, there’s padding there, but there are bricks under it, and I can’t feature that feeling very good.
And how about that purple marquee? If the Cubs decide to call me back for comment on that whole tax dollars thing, I’ll ask them how uglying-up the iconic sign fits with their request to restore the public institution that is Wrigley Field with public money.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 44
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)