Nov 16, 2010, 10:02 AM EDT
As I mentioned yesterday, they’re tearing up Wrigley Field so Illinois can play Northwestern there on Saturday. I put this under the category of Bad Idea Jeans if for no other reason than — based on the picture in this article in the Chicago Tribune — any receivers who get a ball thrown to them deep in the end zone are taking their life in their hands. Yeah, there’s padding there, but there are bricks under it, and I can’t feature that feeling very good.
And how about that purple marquee? If the Cubs decide to call me back for comment on that whole tax dollars thing, I’ll ask them how uglying-up the iconic sign fits with their request to restore the public institution that is Wrigley Field with public money.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)