Nov 17, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com the Blue Jays have acquired outfielder Rajai Davis from the A’s, with MLB Trade Rumors reporting that Oakland will receive minor-league reliever Trystan Magnuson in return.
Oakland claimed Davis off waivers from San Francisco in early 2008 and he thrived in his first opportunity as a big-league regular the next season, hitting .305 with a .360 on-base percentage and 41 steals in 432 plate appearances.
Given a chance to be an everyday player this year Davis hit .284 with 50 steals, but posted a sub par .320 OBP and saw his OPS drop from .784 to .697.
By acquiring David DeJesus last week the A’s made Davis expendable and he’ll likely serve as the Blue Jays’ fourth outfielder, although he could be in line for a larger role depending on who else Toronto adds and where Jose Bautista plays defensively.
Magnuson was the 56th overall pick in the 2007 draft and the 25-year-old right-hander has a 3.53 ERA and 164/73 K/BB ratio in 227 pro innings, profiling as a potential middle reliever.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)