Nov 17, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com the Blue Jays have acquired outfielder Rajai Davis from the A’s, with MLB Trade Rumors reporting that Oakland will receive minor-league reliever Trystan Magnuson in return.
Oakland claimed Davis off waivers from San Francisco in early 2008 and he thrived in his first opportunity as a big-league regular the next season, hitting .305 with a .360 on-base percentage and 41 steals in 432 plate appearances.
Given a chance to be an everyday player this year Davis hit .284 with 50 steals, but posted a sub par .320 OBP and saw his OPS drop from .784 to .697.
By acquiring David DeJesus last week the A’s made Davis expendable and he’ll likely serve as the Blue Jays’ fourth outfielder, although he could be in line for a larger role depending on who else Toronto adds and where Jose Bautista plays defensively.
Magnuson was the 56th overall pick in the 2007 draft and the 25-year-old right-hander has a 3.53 ERA and 164/73 K/BB ratio in 227 pro innings, profiling as a potential middle reliever.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)