Nov 17, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com the Blue Jays have acquired outfielder Rajai Davis from the A’s, with MLB Trade Rumors reporting that Oakland will receive minor-league reliever Trystan Magnuson in return.
Oakland claimed Davis off waivers from San Francisco in early 2008 and he thrived in his first opportunity as a big-league regular the next season, hitting .305 with a .360 on-base percentage and 41 steals in 432 plate appearances.
Given a chance to be an everyday player this year Davis hit .284 with 50 steals, but posted a sub par .320 OBP and saw his OPS drop from .784 to .697.
By acquiring David DeJesus last week the A’s made Davis expendable and he’ll likely serve as the Blue Jays’ fourth outfielder, although he could be in line for a larger role depending on who else Toronto adds and where Jose Bautista plays defensively.
Magnuson was the 56th overall pick in the 2007 draft and the 25-year-old right-hander has a 3.53 ERA and 164/73 K/BB ratio in 227 pro innings, profiling as a potential middle reliever.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)