Nov 17, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
According to Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com the Blue Jays have acquired outfielder Rajai Davis from the A’s, with MLB Trade Rumors reporting that Oakland will receive minor-league reliever Trystan Magnuson in return.
Oakland claimed Davis off waivers from San Francisco in early 2008 and he thrived in his first opportunity as a big-league regular the next season, hitting .305 with a .360 on-base percentage and 41 steals in 432 plate appearances.
Given a chance to be an everyday player this year Davis hit .284 with 50 steals, but posted a sub par .320 OBP and saw his OPS drop from .784 to .697.
By acquiring David DeJesus last week the A’s made Davis expendable and he’ll likely serve as the Blue Jays’ fourth outfielder, although he could be in line for a larger role depending on who else Toronto adds and where Jose Bautista plays defensively.
Magnuson was the 56th overall pick in the 2007 draft and the 25-year-old right-hander has a 3.53 ERA and 164/73 K/BB ratio in 227 pro innings, profiling as a potential middle reliever.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)