Nov 17, 2010, 4:03 PM EDT
Jeffrey Loria delivered a rah-rah speech inside the Marlins clubhouse the season before last in which he allegedly told players that he would give them his car — a red Ferrari – if one of them was voted MVP of the National League Championship Series.
Cody Ross was there for the speech, went on to win the the NLCS MVP, and now he’s been totally screwed out of the Ferrari. Man, that Loria . . . .
OK, there may be more to that. And, OK, Ross wasn’t on the Marlins when he did it, but really, Jeff Loria should really be forced to give up his Ferrari here. I’ll talk to a couple of lawyers to see what we can do.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 21
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 17
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (102)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld