Nov 17, 2010, 4:03 PM EDT
Jeffrey Loria delivered a rah-rah speech inside the Marlins clubhouse the season before last in which he allegedly told players that he would give them his car — a red Ferrari – if one of them was voted MVP of the National League Championship Series.
Cody Ross was there for the speech, went on to win the the NLCS MVP, and now he’s been totally screwed out of the Ferrari. Man, that Loria . . . .
OK, there may be more to that. And, OK, Ross wasn’t on the Marlins when he did it, but really, Jeff Loria should really be forced to give up his Ferrari here. I’ll talk to a couple of lawyers to see what we can do.
- The Lester trade is a win-win 56
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 123
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 39
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (118)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (118)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)