Nov 17, 2010, 4:03 PM EDT
Jeffrey Loria delivered a rah-rah speech inside the Marlins clubhouse the season before last in which he allegedly told players that he would give them his car — a red Ferrari – if one of them was voted MVP of the National League Championship Series.
Cody Ross was there for the speech, went on to win the the NLCS MVP, and now he’s been totally screwed out of the Ferrari. Man, that Loria . . . .
OK, there may be more to that. And, OK, Ross wasn’t on the Marlins when he did it, but really, Jeff Loria should really be forced to give up his Ferrari here. I’ll talk to a couple of lawyers to see what we can do.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 50
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld