Nov 17, 2010, 4:03 PM EDT
Jeffrey Loria delivered a rah-rah speech inside the Marlins clubhouse the season before last in which he allegedly told players that he would give them his car — a red Ferrari – if one of them was voted MVP of the National League Championship Series.
Cody Ross was there for the speech, went on to win the the NLCS MVP, and now he’s been totally screwed out of the Ferrari. Man, that Loria . . . .
OK, there may be more to that. And, OK, Ross wasn’t on the Marlins when he did it, but really, Jeff Loria should really be forced to give up his Ferrari here. I’ll talk to a couple of lawyers to see what we can do.
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 11
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 16
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 51
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 73
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld