Nov 17, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals are one of “six or eight” teams to have engaged in discussions with Carl Pavano. Kilgore says that they met with Pavano’s agent at the GM meetings this week.
I wouldn’t read too much into the Nats specifically, because they tend to say that they’re interested in everyone. They never quite seem to seal the deal on these things, however. And there is competition here, as Kilgore says that six or eight teams are interested in Pavano. Which makes sense to me, because he — and not Jorge De La Rosa — is the second best pitcher available in my view.
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 13
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)