Nov 17, 2010, 5:05 PM EST
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals are one of “six or eight” teams to have engaged in discussions with Carl Pavano. Kilgore says that they met with Pavano’s agent at the GM meetings this week.
I wouldn’t read too much into the Nats specifically, because they tend to say that they’re interested in everyone. They never quite seem to seal the deal on these things, however. And there is competition here, as Kilgore says that six or eight teams are interested in Pavano. Which makes sense to me, because he — and not Jorge De La Rosa — is the second best pitcher available in my view.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)