Nov 17, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals are one of “six or eight” teams to have engaged in discussions with Carl Pavano. Kilgore says that they met with Pavano’s agent at the GM meetings this week.
I wouldn’t read too much into the Nats specifically, because they tend to say that they’re interested in everyone. They never quite seem to seal the deal on these things, however. And there is competition here, as Kilgore says that six or eight teams are interested in Pavano. Which makes sense to me, because he — and not Jorge De La Rosa — is the second best pitcher available in my view.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)