Nov 17, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals are one of “six or eight” teams to have engaged in discussions with Carl Pavano. Kilgore says that they met with Pavano’s agent at the GM meetings this week.
I wouldn’t read too much into the Nats specifically, because they tend to say that they’re interested in everyone. They never quite seem to seal the deal on these things, however. And there is competition here, as Kilgore says that six or eight teams are interested in Pavano. Which makes sense to me, because he — and not Jorge De La Rosa — is the second best pitcher available in my view.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)