Nov 17, 2010, 5:05 PM EDT
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals are one of “six or eight” teams to have engaged in discussions with Carl Pavano. Kilgore says that they met with Pavano’s agent at the GM meetings this week.
I wouldn’t read too much into the Nats specifically, because they tend to say that they’re interested in everyone. They never quite seem to seal the deal on these things, however. And there is competition here, as Kilgore says that six or eight teams are interested in Pavano. Which makes sense to me, because he — and not Jorge De La Rosa — is the second best pitcher available in my view.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)