Nov 17, 2010, 1:31 PM EST
Jon Heyman reports that the White Sox are talking to free agent Hideki Matsui. He makes sense if they can’t get anyone else to play DH. He can still hit the long ball, and there aren’t many places more conducive to the long ball than U.S. Cellular Field.
I hope this holds off for a couple more weeks, though, because if it does, my two favorite things from last year’s Winter Meetings — (a) Japanese reporters asking everyone about whether they want Matsui on their team; and (b) Ozzie Guillen’s strident quotes about not wanting a dedicated DH — will both be relevant again.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40