Nov 17, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the White Sox are talking to free agent Hideki Matsui. He makes sense if they can’t get anyone else to play DH. He can still hit the long ball, and there aren’t many places more conducive to the long ball than U.S. Cellular Field.
I hope this holds off for a couple more weeks, though, because if it does, my two favorite things from last year’s Winter Meetings — (a) Japanese reporters asking everyone about whether they want Matsui on their team; and (b) Ozzie Guillen’s strident quotes about not wanting a dedicated DH — will both be relevant again.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)