Nov 17, 2010, 1:31 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the White Sox are talking to free agent Hideki Matsui. He makes sense if they can’t get anyone else to play DH. He can still hit the long ball, and there aren’t many places more conducive to the long ball than U.S. Cellular Field.
I hope this holds off for a couple more weeks, though, because if it does, my two favorite things from last year’s Winter Meetings — (a) Japanese reporters asking everyone about whether they want Matsui on their team; and (b) Ozzie Guillen’s strident quotes about not wanting a dedicated DH — will both be relevant again.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 11
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)