Nov 18, 2010, 1:01 PM EST
Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal caught up with Rangers’ President Nolan Ryan down at the GM meetings and asked him about Cliff Lee. Ryan’s response: he’s not giving up or anything, and he and the rest of the Rangers are going to try and sell Lee on the charms of Texas, but he’s really not all that confident and he expects the Yankees to outbid the Rangers for Lee’s services.
I know that may sound depressing Rangers fans, but hey, at least you have a straight-shooter running your team and not a b.s. artist.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)