Nov 18, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal caught up with Rangers’ President Nolan Ryan down at the GM meetings and asked him about Cliff Lee. Ryan’s response: he’s not giving up or anything, and he and the rest of the Rangers are going to try and sell Lee on the charms of Texas, but he’s really not all that confident and he expects the Yankees to outbid the Rangers for Lee’s services.
I know that may sound depressing Rangers fans, but hey, at least you have a straight-shooter running your team and not a b.s. artist.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)