Nov 18, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal caught up with Rangers’ President Nolan Ryan down at the GM meetings and asked him about Cliff Lee. Ryan’s response: he’s not giving up or anything, and he and the rest of the Rangers are going to try and sell Lee on the charms of Texas, but he’s really not all that confident and he expects the Yankees to outbid the Rangers for Lee’s services.
I know that may sound depressing Rangers fans, but hey, at least you have a straight-shooter running your team and not a b.s. artist.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (116)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)