Nov 18, 2010, 1:01 PM EDT
Brian Costa of the Wall Street Journal caught up with Rangers’ President Nolan Ryan down at the GM meetings and asked him about Cliff Lee. Ryan’s response: he’s not giving up or anything, and he and the rest of the Rangers are going to try and sell Lee on the charms of Texas, but he’s really not all that confident and he expects the Yankees to outbid the Rangers for Lee’s services.
I know that may sound depressing Rangers fans, but hey, at least you have a straight-shooter running your team and not a b.s. artist.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 20
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 76
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)