Nov 18, 2010, 4:00 PM EST
“This is the first of many. Now I have to work even harder because I’m the best pitcher in the American League.”
– Felix Hernandez, apparently believing that the Cy Young Award is taken away from its current holder head-to-head style, as though this were professional wrestling.
I kid King Felix. He was quite emotional and genuine in his post-award interview, the highlights of which you can read in the AP writeup. Like I said in the last post, I really dislike the sportsman’s cliches. Kudos to Hernandez for saying what he felt rather than offering us the obligatory “I feel honored to have been considered” claptrap.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)