Nov 18, 2010, 5:36 PM EDT
UPDATE: Forget I said anything. It was apparently a joke, as Tango explained in the comments after I saw the post. I guess my sarcasm meter was malfunctioning today. Sorry Tom.
5: 36 P.M.: I’ve long respected Tom Tango’s work, but man, this is exactly the kind of unctuous arrogance that causes people to resist the kind of work he and others are trying to do in advancing the understanding of baseball.
I hope this was part of an inside joke I just missed. But if not, and he means this seriously, it’s in really poor form. This is not “us against them.” Knowledge and understanding should know no clique or tribe. And it should be accompanied by at least a modicum of graciousness.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 7
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)