Nov 18, 2010, 5:36 PM EST
UPDATE: Forget I said anything. It was apparently a joke, as Tango explained in the comments after I saw the post. I guess my sarcasm meter was malfunctioning today. Sorry Tom.
5: 36 P.M.: I’ve long respected Tom Tango’s work, but man, this is exactly the kind of unctuous arrogance that causes people to resist the kind of work he and others are trying to do in advancing the understanding of baseball.
I hope this was part of an inside joke I just missed. But if not, and he means this seriously, it’s in really poor form. This is not “us against them.” Knowledge and understanding should know no clique or tribe. And it should be accompanied by at least a modicum of graciousness.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 46
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)