Nov 18, 2010, 5:36 PM EDT
UPDATE: Forget I said anything. It was apparently a joke, as Tango explained in the comments after I saw the post. I guess my sarcasm meter was malfunctioning today. Sorry Tom.
5: 36 P.M.: I’ve long respected Tom Tango’s work, but man, this is exactly the kind of unctuous arrogance that causes people to resist the kind of work he and others are trying to do in advancing the understanding of baseball.
I hope this was part of an inside joke I just missed. But if not, and he means this seriously, it’s in really poor form. This is not “us against them.” Knowledge and understanding should know no clique or tribe. And it should be accompanied by at least a modicum of graciousness.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)