Nov 18, 2010, 5:36 PM EST
UPDATE: Forget I said anything. It was apparently a joke, as Tango explained in the comments after I saw the post. I guess my sarcasm meter was malfunctioning today. Sorry Tom.
5: 36 P.M.: I’ve long respected Tom Tango’s work, but man, this is exactly the kind of unctuous arrogance that causes people to resist the kind of work he and others are trying to do in advancing the understanding of baseball.
I hope this was part of an inside joke I just missed. But if not, and he means this seriously, it’s in really poor form. This is not “us against them.” Knowledge and understanding should know no clique or tribe. And it should be accompanied by at least a modicum of graciousness.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 26
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)