Nov 18, 2010, 5:36 PM EDT
UPDATE: Forget I said anything. It was apparently a joke, as Tango explained in the comments after I saw the post. I guess my sarcasm meter was malfunctioning today. Sorry Tom.
5: 36 P.M.: I’ve long respected Tom Tango’s work, but man, this is exactly the kind of unctuous arrogance that causes people to resist the kind of work he and others are trying to do in advancing the understanding of baseball.
I hope this was part of an inside joke I just missed. But if not, and he means this seriously, it’s in really poor form. This is not “us against them.” Knowledge and understanding should know no clique or tribe. And it should be accompanied by at least a modicum of graciousness.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 16
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 57
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)