Nov 19, 2010, 9:46 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com did a little digging about Justin Upton’s limited no-trade clause. The results?
The four teams on Justin Upton’s no-trade list: A’s, Royals, Tigers, Indians. Can be sent to any other club without his permission.
Most of these are pretty understandable, but what does Upton have against the Tigers, anyway? Doesn’t everybody look good in the Olde English D?
You know, Tom Krasovic of AOL Fanhouse brought up something rather interesting on Twitter earlier this evening. Regardless of whether Upton gets traded or not, the discussions have allowed new Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers to gauge the marketplace. Who wouldn’t be interested in a 23-year-old potential superstar outfielder who just happens to be under contract through 2015? Exactly. Nicely played.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)