Nov 19, 2010, 9:46 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com did a little digging about Justin Upton’s limited no-trade clause. The results?
The four teams on Justin Upton’s no-trade list: A’s, Royals, Tigers, Indians. Can be sent to any other club without his permission.
Most of these are pretty understandable, but what does Upton have against the Tigers, anyway? Doesn’t everybody look good in the Olde English D?
You know, Tom Krasovic of AOL Fanhouse brought up something rather interesting on Twitter earlier this evening. Regardless of whether Upton gets traded or not, the discussions have allowed new Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers to gauge the marketplace. Who wouldn’t be interested in a 23-year-old potential superstar outfielder who just happens to be under contract through 2015? Exactly. Nicely played.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)