Nov 19, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Reports surfaced late last night that Astros owner Drayton McLane has hired an investment bank to help him sell the team and he’s now expected to make an official announcement today with a press conference scheduled for 3:30 ET.
Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that McLane declined to return phone calls seeking more information, but enough details have already leaked out that the picture is pretty clear.
McLane, who has owned the team since 1992, is definitely looking to sell the team rather than simply testing the waters to see what kind of offers are out there, and he’s expected to seek $800 million for the Astros and their newly created local television network.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)