Nov 19, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
Reports surfaced late last night that Astros owner Drayton McLane has hired an investment bank to help him sell the team and he’s now expected to make an official announcement today with a press conference scheduled for 3:30 ET.
Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that McLane declined to return phone calls seeking more information, but enough details have already leaked out that the picture is pretty clear.
McLane, who has owned the team since 1992, is definitely looking to sell the team rather than simply testing the waters to see what kind of offers are out there, and he’s expected to seek $800 million for the Astros and their newly created local television network.
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 11
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 8
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 138
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (138)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (90)