Nov 19, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Reports surfaced late last night that Astros owner Drayton McLane has hired an investment bank to help him sell the team and he’s now expected to make an official announcement today with a press conference scheduled for 3:30 ET.
Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that McLane declined to return phone calls seeking more information, but enough details have already leaked out that the picture is pretty clear.
McLane, who has owned the team since 1992, is definitely looking to sell the team rather than simply testing the waters to see what kind of offers are out there, and he’s expected to seek $800 million for the Astros and their newly created local television network.
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)