Nov 19, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
Reports surfaced late last night that Astros owner Drayton McLane has hired an investment bank to help him sell the team and he’s now expected to make an official announcement today with a press conference scheduled for 3:30 ET.
Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that McLane declined to return phone calls seeking more information, but enough details have already leaked out that the picture is pretty clear.
McLane, who has owned the team since 1992, is definitely looking to sell the team rather than simply testing the waters to see what kind of offers are out there, and he’s expected to seek $800 million for the Astros and their newly created local television network.
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 0
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 16
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 48
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)