Nov 19, 2010, 10:34 AM EDT
I spent this morning at the doctor’s office getting my annual checkup. First one since, like, 2003, so I should probably look up the term “annual.” In any event it went well. When my doctor asked me if I’m still practicing law I told him no, that I was a baseball blogger. I got the same response I normally get when I say that: “really?” That’s combined with a face that basically says “that’s a job?” Alas. He was nice, though: as soon as he said that he asked me if I’ve ever seen “that PBS documentary about baseball. The one with all of the old footage in it. Kind of goes over the whole history?” I’m beginning to suspect that my doctor isn’t the biggest baseball fan.
Anyway: back to the grind:
Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe tells us that the Brewers and Nationals are “out in front” in the “Carl Pavano sweepstakes.” Just like I can tell what my doctor’s facial expressions mean, I can detect tone from certain tweets, and I think Mr. Cafardo is being sarcastic in calling this a “sweepstakes.”
Not that Pavano wouldn’t be a prize. Especially for the Brewers, whose starting pitching was a freakin’ train wreck last season. Pavano would be a nice addition. Between that and the Brewers deciding that they’re going to keep Prince Fielder, one gets the sense that they’re really going to try and go for it next year.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy