Nov 19, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
At the moment, Omar Minaya is off wherever he hangs his hat, thinking about his future. He has one more option to think about, reports Brian Costa: a job offer to become Diamondbacks’ GM Kevin Towers’ special assistant. That job, Costa reports, would be similar to the job Towers had with Yankees last year after being let go from San Diego.
Minaya is still under contract with the Mets, so he doesn’t necessarily need the Arizona gig or any gig for that matter. But you have to figure that (a) staying in New York with some empty title isn’t going to be very satisfying for anyone involved; and (b) staying active in the game somehow will increase the chances of him getting another shot at the boss’ chair one day.
Go west, Omar, go west.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)