Nov 19, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
At the moment, Omar Minaya is off wherever he hangs his hat, thinking about his future. He has one more option to think about, reports Brian Costa: a job offer to become Diamondbacks’ GM Kevin Towers’ special assistant. That job, Costa reports, would be similar to the job Towers had with Yankees last year after being let go from San Diego.
Minaya is still under contract with the Mets, so he doesn’t necessarily need the Arizona gig or any gig for that matter. But you have to figure that (a) staying in New York with some empty title isn’t going to be very satisfying for anyone involved; and (b) staying active in the game somehow will increase the chances of him getting another shot at the boss’ chair one day.
Go west, Omar, go west.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)