Nov 19, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
At the moment, Omar Minaya is off wherever he hangs his hat, thinking about his future. He has one more option to think about, reports Brian Costa: a job offer to become Diamondbacks’ GM Kevin Towers’ special assistant. That job, Costa reports, would be similar to the job Towers had with Yankees last year after being let go from San Diego.
Minaya is still under contract with the Mets, so he doesn’t necessarily need the Arizona gig or any gig for that matter. But you have to figure that (a) staying in New York with some empty title isn’t going to be very satisfying for anyone involved; and (b) staying active in the game somehow will increase the chances of him getting another shot at the boss’ chair one day.
Go west, Omar, go west.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 5
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)