Nov 19, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
At the moment, Omar Minaya is off wherever he hangs his hat, thinking about his future. He has one more option to think about, reports Brian Costa: a job offer to become Diamondbacks’ GM Kevin Towers’ special assistant. That job, Costa reports, would be similar to the job Towers had with Yankees last year after being let go from San Diego.
Minaya is still under contract with the Mets, so he doesn’t necessarily need the Arizona gig or any gig for that matter. But you have to figure that (a) staying in New York with some empty title isn’t going to be very satisfying for anyone involved; and (b) staying active in the game somehow will increase the chances of him getting another shot at the boss’ chair one day.
Go west, Omar, go west.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 216
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (216)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)