Nov 19, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
At the moment, Omar Minaya is off wherever he hangs his hat, thinking about his future. He has one more option to think about, reports Brian Costa: a job offer to become Diamondbacks’ GM Kevin Towers’ special assistant. That job, Costa reports, would be similar to the job Towers had with Yankees last year after being let go from San Diego.
Minaya is still under contract with the Mets, so he doesn’t necessarily need the Arizona gig or any gig for that matter. But you have to figure that (a) staying in New York with some empty title isn’t going to be very satisfying for anyone involved; and (b) staying active in the game somehow will increase the chances of him getting another shot at the boss’ chair one day.
Go west, Omar, go west.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming