Nov 19, 2010, 8:16 PM EDT
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, the Rangers have agreed to terms with Barret Loux, who was selected by the Diamondbacks with the No. 6 pick in this year’s First-Year Player Draft.
Loux was left unsigned by the D-Backs after he failed a physical due to concerns about his shoulder and elbow. The 21-year-old Houston native was granted free agency on September 1 and threw for a handful of teams later in the month.
If it wasn’t for the failed physical, Loux almost certainly would have found a signing bonus of more than $2 million. Well, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, he signed for $312,000 with the Rangers today.
Loux never projected as a frontline starter, even back in June, but it’s hard to argue against taking a chance on the 6-foot-5 right-hander at this price.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)