Nov 19, 2010, 8:16 PM EST
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, the Rangers have agreed to terms with Barret Loux, who was selected by the Diamondbacks with the No. 6 pick in this year’s First-Year Player Draft.
Loux was left unsigned by the D-Backs after he failed a physical due to concerns about his shoulder and elbow. The 21-year-old Houston native was granted free agency on September 1 and threw for a handful of teams later in the month.
If it wasn’t for the failed physical, Loux almost certainly would have found a signing bonus of more than $2 million. Well, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, he signed for $312,000 with the Rangers today.
Loux never projected as a frontline starter, even back in June, but it’s hard to argue against taking a chance on the 6-foot-5 right-hander at this price.
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 3
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 1
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 351
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (354)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (72)