Nov 19, 2010, 8:16 PM EST
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, the Rangers have agreed to terms with Barret Loux, who was selected by the Diamondbacks with the No. 6 pick in this year’s First-Year Player Draft.
Loux was left unsigned by the D-Backs after he failed a physical due to concerns about his shoulder and elbow. The 21-year-old Houston native was granted free agency on September 1 and threw for a handful of teams later in the month.
If it wasn’t for the failed physical, Loux almost certainly would have found a signing bonus of more than $2 million. Well, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, he signed for $312,000 with the Rangers today.
Loux never projected as a frontline starter, even back in June, but it’s hard to argue against taking a chance on the 6-foot-5 right-hander at this price.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 46
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)