Nov 19, 2010, 8:16 PM EDT
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, the Rangers have agreed to terms with Barret Loux, who was selected by the Diamondbacks with the No. 6 pick in this year’s First-Year Player Draft.
Loux was left unsigned by the D-Backs after he failed a physical due to concerns about his shoulder and elbow. The 21-year-old Houston native was granted free agency on September 1 and threw for a handful of teams later in the month.
If it wasn’t for the failed physical, Loux almost certainly would have found a signing bonus of more than $2 million. Well, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, he signed for $312,000 with the Rangers today.
Loux never projected as a frontline starter, even back in June, but it’s hard to argue against taking a chance on the 6-foot-5 right-hander at this price.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)