Nov 19, 2010, 8:16 PM EST
According to T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com, the Rangers have agreed to terms with Barret Loux, who was selected by the Diamondbacks with the No. 6 pick in this year’s First-Year Player Draft.
Loux was left unsigned by the D-Backs after he failed a physical due to concerns about his shoulder and elbow. The 21-year-old Houston native was granted free agency on September 1 and threw for a handful of teams later in the month.
If it wasn’t for the failed physical, Loux almost certainly would have found a signing bonus of more than $2 million. Well, according to Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, he signed for $312,000 with the Rangers today.
Loux never projected as a frontline starter, even back in June, but it’s hard to argue against taking a chance on the 6-foot-5 right-hander at this price.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 19
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 29
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 92
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)