Nov 19, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees are going to offer Derek Jeter a $45 million, three-year deal.
Yesterday Wallace Matthews suggested that the Yankees were offering Jeter more than $20 million a year and that Jeter was cool to the idea. This clearly undercuts that notion, which seemed rather nutty anyway. The $45 million is what a lot of people — including Joel Sherman — have suggested was likely. That amount also seems relatively reasonable, at least in this weird world in which Jeter is almost inevitably to be paid more than his actual on-the-field contributions are likely to warrant between now and the end of 2013.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)