Nov 19, 2010, 2:24 PM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the Yankees are going to offer Derek Jeter a $45 million, three-year deal.
Yesterday Wallace Matthews suggested that the Yankees were offering Jeter more than $20 million a year and that Jeter was cool to the idea. This clearly undercuts that notion, which seemed rather nutty anyway. The $45 million is what a lot of people — including Joel Sherman — have suggested was likely. That amount also seems relatively reasonable, at least in this weird world in which Jeter is almost inevitably to be paid more than his actual on-the-field contributions are likely to warrant between now and the end of 2013.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)