Nov 22, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
This isn’t terribly surprising, but Jon Miller — the play-by-play voice of Sunday Night Baseball for 20 years — has rejected ESPN’s offer to stay on and do the Sunday night games on the radio, reports Richard Sandomir. As you recall, he and Joe Morgan were not invited back to do TV.
This decision isn’t terribly surprising. It’s already plenty hard for Miller — based in San Francisco, where he calls Giants games — to fly wherever he needs to go each weekend for the ESPN game. And that “wherever he needs to go” is usually the east coast given ESPN’s programming choices. That may be worth doing for TV, but for radio? Eh, stay home and enjoy a weekend homestand once in a while, ya know?
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 18
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 13
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 36
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 49
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 74
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 77
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)