Nov 22, 2010, 8:15 PM EDT
This isn’t terribly surprising, but Jon Miller — the play-by-play voice of Sunday Night Baseball for 20 years — has rejected ESPN’s offer to stay on and do the Sunday night games on the radio, reports Richard Sandomir. As you recall, he and Joe Morgan were not invited back to do TV.
This decision isn’t terribly surprising. It’s already plenty hard for Miller — based in San Francisco, where he calls Giants games — to fly wherever he needs to go each weekend for the ESPN game. And that “wherever he needs to go” is usually the east coast given ESPN’s programming choices. That may be worth doing for TV, but for radio? Eh, stay home and enjoy a weekend homestand once in a while, ya know?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)