Nov 22, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
We’ve either heard rumors or actual reported news about most of these guys, but the Dodgers have officially announced their coaching staff for 2011. Joining Don Mattingly will be Davey Lopes at first base, Tim Wallach at third and former Royals’ manager Trey Hillman as the bench coach. Pitching coach Rick Honeycutt and hitting coach Jeff Pentland will keep the jobs they had under Joe Torre.
I’m going to pretend that the Dodgers waiting to make all of these moves official until after Mattingly’s run as manager in the Arizona Fall League was over, and they were contented that they did not have to reanimate the corpse of Walter Alston in order to save an overmatched Mattingly.
But they probably have Lasorda on speed dial.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 0
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)