Nov 22, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
We’ve either heard rumors or actual reported news about most of these guys, but the Dodgers have officially announced their coaching staff for 2011. Joining Don Mattingly will be Davey Lopes at first base, Tim Wallach at third and former Royals’ manager Trey Hillman as the bench coach. Pitching coach Rick Honeycutt and hitting coach Jeff Pentland will keep the jobs they had under Joe Torre.
I’m going to pretend that the Dodgers waiting to make all of these moves official until after Mattingly’s run as manager in the Arizona Fall League was over, and they were contented that they did not have to reanimate the corpse of Walter Alston in order to save an overmatched Mattingly.
But they probably have Lasorda on speed dial.
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 18
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 14
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 52
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 28
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 46
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (185)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)