Nov 22, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
We’ve either heard rumors or actual reported news about most of these guys, but the Dodgers have officially announced their coaching staff for 2011. Joining Don Mattingly will be Davey Lopes at first base, Tim Wallach at third and former Royals’ manager Trey Hillman as the bench coach. Pitching coach Rick Honeycutt and hitting coach Jeff Pentland will keep the jobs they had under Joe Torre.
I’m going to pretend that the Dodgers waiting to make all of these moves official until after Mattingly’s run as manager in the Arizona Fall League was over, and they were contented that they did not have to reanimate the corpse of Walter Alston in order to save an overmatched Mattingly.
But they probably have Lasorda on speed dial.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 52
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105