Nov 22, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
We’ve either heard rumors or actual reported news about most of these guys, but the Dodgers have officially announced their coaching staff for 2011. Joining Don Mattingly will be Davey Lopes at first base, Tim Wallach at third and former Royals’ manager Trey Hillman as the bench coach. Pitching coach Rick Honeycutt and hitting coach Jeff Pentland will keep the jobs they had under Joe Torre.
I’m going to pretend that the Dodgers waiting to make all of these moves official until after Mattingly’s run as manager in the Arizona Fall League was over, and they were contented that they did not have to reanimate the corpse of Walter Alston in order to save an overmatched Mattingly.
But they probably have Lasorda on speed dial.
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 44
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 8
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 25
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 88
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)