Nov 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EST
Ken Davidoff of Newsday tweets that Andy Pettitte is leaning towards returning to the Yankees for the 2011 season.
This is not terribly surprising to me. Pettitte has hemmed and hawed about returning the past couple of seasons, citing his desire to be around his family more, but he seems way more adamant about retirement when the season is winding to a close and right after he gets home to Texas for the winter than he does as the offseason drags on. By the time spring rolls around he’s always back in the swing of things and comes to camp ready to pitch.
It’s OK, Andy: I’m around your age. Like you, I’ve been married a long time. Like you, I have kids. When I’ve been away from home for a long time that home looks mighty inviting. But I also — how shall I put this? — have come to appreciate “me time” as well. I’m not saying that it’s easy to tell the fam adios in February and that you’ll see them in October, but I understand.
Now you go out and get ‘em, Tiger!
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)