Nov 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Ken Davidoff of Newsday tweets that Andy Pettitte is leaning towards returning to the Yankees for the 2011 season.
This is not terribly surprising to me. Pettitte has hemmed and hawed about returning the past couple of seasons, citing his desire to be around his family more, but he seems way more adamant about retirement when the season is winding to a close and right after he gets home to Texas for the winter than he does as the offseason drags on. By the time spring rolls around he’s always back in the swing of things and comes to camp ready to pitch.
It’s OK, Andy: I’m around your age. Like you, I’ve been married a long time. Like you, I have kids. When I’ve been away from home for a long time that home looks mighty inviting. But I also — how shall I put this? — have come to appreciate “me time” as well. I’m not saying that it’s easy to tell the fam adios in February and that you’ll see them in October, but I understand.
Now you go out and get ‘em, Tiger!
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 0
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)