Nov 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Ken Davidoff of Newsday tweets that Andy Pettitte is leaning towards returning to the Yankees for the 2011 season.
This is not terribly surprising to me. Pettitte has hemmed and hawed about returning the past couple of seasons, citing his desire to be around his family more, but he seems way more adamant about retirement when the season is winding to a close and right after he gets home to Texas for the winter than he does as the offseason drags on. By the time spring rolls around he’s always back in the swing of things and comes to camp ready to pitch.
It’s OK, Andy: I’m around your age. Like you, I’ve been married a long time. Like you, I have kids. When I’ve been away from home for a long time that home looks mighty inviting. But I also — how shall I put this? — have come to appreciate “me time” as well. I’m not saying that it’s easy to tell the fam adios in February and that you’ll see them in October, but I understand.
Now you go out and get ’em, Tiger!
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 15
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 35
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 62
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)