Nov 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Ken Davidoff of Newsday tweets that Andy Pettitte is leaning towards returning to the Yankees for the 2011 season.
This is not terribly surprising to me. Pettitte has hemmed and hawed about returning the past couple of seasons, citing his desire to be around his family more, but he seems way more adamant about retirement when the season is winding to a close and right after he gets home to Texas for the winter than he does as the offseason drags on. By the time spring rolls around he’s always back in the swing of things and comes to camp ready to pitch.
It’s OK, Andy: I’m around your age. Like you, I’ve been married a long time. Like you, I have kids. When I’ve been away from home for a long time that home looks mighty inviting. But I also — how shall I put this? — have come to appreciate “me time” as well. I’m not saying that it’s easy to tell the fam adios in February and that you’ll see them in October, but I understand.
Now you go out and get ‘em, Tiger!
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 35
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (84)