Nov 23, 2010, 4:30 PM EDT
Ken Davidoff of Newsday tweets that Andy Pettitte is leaning towards returning to the Yankees for the 2011 season.
This is not terribly surprising to me. Pettitte has hemmed and hawed about returning the past couple of seasons, citing his desire to be around his family more, but he seems way more adamant about retirement when the season is winding to a close and right after he gets home to Texas for the winter than he does as the offseason drags on. By the time spring rolls around he’s always back in the swing of things and comes to camp ready to pitch.
It’s OK, Andy: I’m around your age. Like you, I’ve been married a long time. Like you, I have kids. When I’ve been away from home for a long time that home looks mighty inviting. But I also — how shall I put this? — have come to appreciate “me time” as well. I’m not saying that it’s easy to tell the fam adios in February and that you’ll see them in October, but I understand.
Now you go out and get ‘em, Tiger!
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 2
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (94)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)