Nov 23, 2010, 1:48 PM EDT
Craig noted yesterday that the Brewers are interested in Eric Hinske and now Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that they’ve officially made the veteran role player an offer.
“It’s his call, not ours,” general manager Doug Melvin told Haudricourt. “We’re waiting to hear back from him.”
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reported previously that the Braves offered Hinske a one-year, $1.5 million deal to re-sign and Melvin hinted that he believes the choice is down to Atlanta or Milwaukee.
Hinske would be a part-time player in both places, but signing with the Brewers would put his playoff-making streak in jeopardy.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)