Nov 23, 2010, 1:48 PM EST
Craig noted yesterday that the Brewers are interested in Eric Hinske and now Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that they’ve officially made the veteran role player an offer.
“It’s his call, not ours,” general manager Doug Melvin told Haudricourt. “We’re waiting to hear back from him.”
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reported previously that the Braves offered Hinske a one-year, $1.5 million deal to re-sign and Melvin hinted that he believes the choice is down to Atlanta or Milwaukee.
Hinske would be a part-time player in both places, but signing with the Brewers would put his playoff-making streak in jeopardy.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)