Nov 23, 2010, 1:48 PM EST
Craig noted yesterday that the Brewers are interested in Eric Hinske and now Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that they’ve officially made the veteran role player an offer.
“It’s his call, not ours,” general manager Doug Melvin told Haudricourt. “We’re waiting to hear back from him.”
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reported previously that the Braves offered Hinske a one-year, $1.5 million deal to re-sign and Melvin hinted that he believes the choice is down to Atlanta or Milwaukee.
Hinske would be a part-time player in both places, but signing with the Brewers would put his playoff-making streak in jeopardy.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)