Nov 23, 2010, 1:48 PM EDT
Craig noted yesterday that the Brewers are interested in Eric Hinske and now Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports that they’ve officially made the veteran role player an offer.
“It’s his call, not ours,” general manager Doug Melvin told Haudricourt. “We’re waiting to hear back from him.”
Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports reported previously that the Braves offered Hinske a one-year, $1.5 million deal to re-sign and Melvin hinted that he believes the choice is down to Atlanta or Milwaukee.
Hinske would be a part-time player in both places, but signing with the Brewers would put his playoff-making streak in jeopardy.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 19
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 81
- The Lester trade is a win-win 109
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 163
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 92
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (162)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (108)