Nov 23, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
Terry Collins’ contract was widely reported as a two-year deal, but Andy Martino reports that there is a team option for 2013.
This likely doesn’t change the equation we discussed yesterday — the team still has him on a relatively short leash compared to other managers — but it’s not quite as short as, say, Ken Macha’s last deal with the Brewers. Any bit of success and the lack of ugliness in the clubhouse and the press will likely turn this into a three-year deal.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)