Nov 23, 2010, 11:01 AM EDT
Terry Collins’ contract was widely reported as a two-year deal, but Andy Martino reports that there is a team option for 2013.
This likely doesn’t change the equation we discussed yesterday — the team still has him on a relatively short leash compared to other managers — but it’s not quite as short as, say, Ken Macha’s last deal with the Brewers. Any bit of success and the lack of ugliness in the clubhouse and the press will likely turn this into a three-year deal.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 29
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 22
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (83)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)