Nov 26, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post expects the Rockies to go after Carl Pavano. If that doesn’t pan out, he thinks Plan B will be Gavin Floyd, Scott Kazmir or Kevin Millwood.
Arms race in the NL West? Everyone just watched the Giants win it with pitching. The Dodgers, with today’s signing of Jon Garland, now sport a very nice rotation in Kershaw-Kuroda-Billingsley-Lilly-Garland. The Padres strength is their pitching as well. Colorado clearly believes — rightly so — that they need to keep up with the Californians. If they can grab Pavano, and if the offense does what it should be expected to do, Colorado will be looking pretty good for next year. If not, they may have to hope they can bash their way to the division title.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 26
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 32
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 126
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (127)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)