Nov 26, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post expects the Rockies to go after Carl Pavano. If that doesn’t pan out, he thinks Plan B will be Gavin Floyd, Scott Kazmir or Kevin Millwood.
Arms race in the NL West? Everyone just watched the Giants win it with pitching. The Dodgers, with today’s signing of Jon Garland, now sport a very nice rotation in Kershaw-Kuroda-Billingsley-Lilly-Garland. The Padres strength is their pitching as well. Colorado clearly believes — rightly so — that they need to keep up with the Californians. If they can grab Pavano, and if the offense does what it should be expected to do, Colorado will be looking pretty good for next year. If not, they may have to hope they can bash their way to the division title.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 12
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 180
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (180)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)