Nov 26, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post expects the Rockies to go after Carl Pavano. If that doesn’t pan out, he thinks Plan B will be Gavin Floyd, Scott Kazmir or Kevin Millwood.
Arms race in the NL West? Everyone just watched the Giants win it with pitching. The Dodgers, with today’s signing of Jon Garland, now sport a very nice rotation in Kershaw-Kuroda-Billingsley-Lilly-Garland. The Padres strength is their pitching as well. Colorado clearly believes — rightly so — that they need to keep up with the Californians. If they can grab Pavano, and if the offense does what it should be expected to do, Colorado will be looking pretty good for next year. If not, they may have to hope they can bash their way to the division title.
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 44
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)