Nov 26, 2010, 6:40 PM EST
Troy Renck of the Denver Post expects the Rockies to go after Carl Pavano. If that doesn’t pan out, he thinks Plan B will be Gavin Floyd, Scott Kazmir or Kevin Millwood.
Arms race in the NL West? Everyone just watched the Giants win it with pitching. The Dodgers, with today’s signing of Jon Garland, now sport a very nice rotation in Kershaw-Kuroda-Billingsley-Lilly-Garland. The Padres strength is their pitching as well. Colorado clearly believes — rightly so — that they need to keep up with the Californians. If they can grab Pavano, and if the offense does what it should be expected to do, Colorado will be looking pretty good for next year. If not, they may have to hope they can bash their way to the division title.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (227)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)