Nov 26, 2010, 6:40 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post expects the Rockies to go after Carl Pavano. If that doesn’t pan out, he thinks Plan B will be Gavin Floyd, Scott Kazmir or Kevin Millwood.
Arms race in the NL West? Everyone just watched the Giants win it with pitching. The Dodgers, with today’s signing of Jon Garland, now sport a very nice rotation in Kershaw-Kuroda-Billingsley-Lilly-Garland. The Padres strength is their pitching as well. Colorado clearly believes — rightly so — that they need to keep up with the Californians. If they can grab Pavano, and if the offense does what it should be expected to do, Colorado will be looking pretty good for next year. If not, they may have to hope they can bash their way to the division title.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)