Nov 26, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Of course, I guess that depends on what you consider to be a “prospect.”
Daniel Murphy is experiencing leg fatigue down in the Dominican Winter League and he won’t return to the lineup until Tuesday, taking five days off. He’s actually hitting pretty darn well down there and playing second base regularly, so I’m not sure I’d be too worried about this.
Fernando Martinez, however, is worse off: he has a knee injury and may not play any more this winter.
I’d think that Murphy’s progress is more important for the Mets, because there’s a chance that he could start the season as the team’s second baseman. Martinez was unlikely to be a major contributor next season, and every time we hear something new about him his status as a promising prospect seems to take another blow.
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Dickey goes 8, beats Rays for 2nd straight win
- PST: Mourinho officially leaving Real Madrid
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PFT: Chad Johnson arrested for probation violation