Nov 26, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
Another slow day, as all the agents and players and front office people and reporters are apparently out fighting to get cheap toasters and stuff out in that retail hellscape. People: shop online. Really.
Anyway, to pass some time, you should read this really interesting article by Elizabeth Merrill and Amy K. Nelson of ESPN.com. It’s about athlete infidelity, but it takes a smarter and more in-depth look at the topic than your usual batch of “OMG FAVRE! OMG TIGER WOODS!” stories. They talk to the wives and an ex-mistress or two, and dwell on athletes other than the big marquee names. Like Delino DeShields:
Then one day in late 2003, a woman called their home in Atlanta. She told Tisha she’d been having an affair with Delino for seven years. She said she was calling because Delino was now cheating on her.
The details were devastating and were laid out in painstaking clarity. The woman described how hotel rooms and other arrangements were paid for in cash and made by Delino’s assistant. The same assistant who was a family friend and helped Tisha when her husband was on the road.
Shocking. I mean: Delino DeShields had a personal assistant?
And even if you don’t care about that, you have to read it for the story about the football player with the GPS in his BMW. They should name awards after that guy.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)