Nov 26, 2010, 1:13 PM EDT
Another slow day, as all the agents and players and front office people and reporters are apparently out fighting to get cheap toasters and stuff out in that retail hellscape. People: shop online. Really.
Anyway, to pass some time, you should read this really interesting article by Elizabeth Merrill and Amy K. Nelson of ESPN.com. It’s about athlete infidelity, but it takes a smarter and more in-depth look at the topic than your usual batch of “OMG FAVRE! OMG TIGER WOODS!” stories. They talk to the wives and an ex-mistress or two, and dwell on athletes other than the big marquee names. Like Delino DeShields:
Then one day in late 2003, a woman called their home in Atlanta. She told Tisha she’d been having an affair with Delino for seven years. She said she was calling because Delino was now cheating on her.
The details were devastating and were laid out in painstaking clarity. The woman described how hotel rooms and other arrangements were paid for in cash and made by Delino’s assistant. The same assistant who was a family friend and helped Tisha when her husband was on the road.
Shocking. I mean: Delino DeShields had a personal assistant?
And even if you don’t care about that, you have to read it for the story about the football player with the GPS in his BMW. They should name awards after that guy.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 91
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)