Nov 26, 2010, 9:57 AM EDT
Remember the two Indian players signed by the Pirates after they won that reality show? Well, now there’s only one who can call himself a Pirate: Dinesh Patel has been released. Patel pitched sparingly in the Gulf Coast League over the past two summers. The results: 13.2 innings of relief work in which he gave up nine runs on 19 hits while striking out 11 and walking three. That ain’t gonna cut it.
His reality show-winning partner, Rinku Singh, did a bit better. He actually got to pitch two whole innings in the New York-Penn League last year, and will presumably remain in the Pirates organization a bit longer. Still, I’m not figuring that he’s much of a prospect himself, but I bet that once he’s eventually back home in India along with Patel he’ll be able to lord his longer tenure in American baseball over him. He’ll be the Kelly to Patel’s Justin, as it were.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)