Nov 26, 2010, 9:57 AM EDT
Remember the two Indian players signed by the Pirates after they won that reality show? Well, now there’s only one who can call himself a Pirate: Dinesh Patel has been released. Patel pitched sparingly in the Gulf Coast League over the past two summers. The results: 13.2 innings of relief work in which he gave up nine runs on 19 hits while striking out 11 and walking three. That ain’t gonna cut it.
His reality show-winning partner, Rinku Singh, did a bit better. He actually got to pitch two whole innings in the New York-Penn League last year, and will presumably remain in the Pirates organization a bit longer. Still, I’m not figuring that he’s much of a prospect himself, but I bet that once he’s eventually back home in India along with Patel he’ll be able to lord his longer tenure in American baseball over him. He’ll be the Kelly to Patel’s Justin, as it were.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (98)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)