Enrico Pallazzo: 1926-2010

Nov 28, 2010, 10:42 PM EDT

enrico_pallazzo

You knew him better as Leslie Nielsen, but to baseball fans he’ll always be Enrico.  He died today at the age of 84.

We are both obligated and honored to send you to this fine video of the Mariners taking on the Angels during Her Majesty the Queen’s visit to the United States.

If that’s too long for you, check this one out, as it’s quite possibly the most perfect comedic exchange since the Marx Brothers.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Pallazzo.

1. Old Gator - Nov 28, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Awww shit.

2. wildinkc - Nov 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM

You were one of my all-time favorite actors. RIP

3. Jack Marshall - Nov 29, 2010 at 12:13 AM

Thank you, Craig. The funniest baseball sequence of all time, and a wonderful way to remember Tammy’s Doctor.

4. jh0088 - Nov 29, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Love this.

And why are the Angels playing in Dodger Stadium?

• BC - Nov 29, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Better sight lines. Also think Anaheim stadium (or the Big A or whatever the bleep its called these days) was under renovation at the time if I recall.

5. uyf1950 - Nov 29, 2010 at 2:18 AM

I had the pleasure of meeting Leslie Nielsen once many years ago in a club. In fact I went over to him to say hello and he wound up inviting me to join him for a drink. A very classy and fine individual. Rest in Peace, Leslie Nielson and thanks for the years of laughter you have supplied your fans with.

6. Utley's Hair - Nov 29, 2010 at 3:14 AM

The best operatic national anthem singer to ever call balls and strikes. RIP Enrico. You will be missed.

7. Jonny 5 - Nov 29, 2010 at 7:38 AM

Surely this is a tragedy……

Well, yes it is, and please stop calling me Shirley….

• Utley's Hair - Nov 29, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Anxiously awaiting proudlycanadian’s reference to stuffed beavers…

• Jonny 5 - Nov 29, 2010 at 10:23 AM

I sooo wanted to mention that myself, but i figured I’d just make it sound dirtier than it was originally intended. But that should go on the man’s tombstone imo.

• proudlycanadian - Nov 29, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I tried to post a comment earlier, but for some reason MSNBC said that I wasn’t logged in. I had to log out and try again.

As you are aware, Nielsen’s father was a Mountie and served in the far north (the land of beaver trappers and bush pilots). His brother Erik became a famous Canadian politician and I believe that the other brother became a Mountie.

• Utley's Hair - Nov 29, 2010 at 10:46 AM

Hehhehhehheh…he said “beaver trappers” and “bush pilots”…hehhehhehhehheh

• Jonny 5 - Nov 29, 2010 at 11:25 AM

In the states they are one and the same.

• proudlycanadian - Nov 29, 2010 at 11:46 AM

My comment was purely innocent and seems to be “ahem” misinterpreted. For the non innocent, I suggest a book called “How To Be A Bush Pilot” by Claudia Dey.

8. Rosenthals Speling Instrukter - Nov 29, 2010 at 7:47 AM

He was also the greatest Oscars presenter in history.

9. Jonny 5 - Nov 29, 2010 at 9:11 AM

In unrelated news, The TSA is officially changing it’s name to T-N-A. ” If we did our jobs any better, we’d have to buy you dinner first” Grope discounts available..

10. BC - Nov 29, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Too many great quotes to even mention one. RIP Mr. Nielsen.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5120)