Nov 29, 2010, 1:32 PM EST
Can I tell you how much I’m enjoying all of this Derek Jeter business? Really, Gleeman and I are talking about just changing the name of this joint to JeterTalk and going 24/7 with this bad boy.
Anyway: we’ve heard a few reports that the Yankees may nudge their offer to Derek Jeter up a bit, if for no other reason than to give the Captain a way to save face. Wallace Matthews, however, has a source telling him that the Yankees “are not budging from the three-year, $45 million offer,” that they think Jeter and his agent need to “drink the reality potion,” and that the sides haven’t talked since before Thanksgiving and no talks are presently planned.
In other news, with Juan Uribe apparently about to sign with Los Angeles, there is a slot open at shortstop in San Francisco. And while Brian Sabean has been better lately, you can bet that big bottle of single malt Overpay Veterans he keeps in his desk drawer is calling out to him right now. Do it Brian . . . what harm could it do? Do . . . it . . .
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40