Nov 29, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
Can I tell you how much I’m enjoying all of this Derek Jeter business? Really, Gleeman and I are talking about just changing the name of this joint to JeterTalk and going 24/7 with this bad boy.
Anyway: we’ve heard a few reports that the Yankees may nudge their offer to Derek Jeter up a bit, if for no other reason than to give the Captain a way to save face. Wallace Matthews, however, has a source telling him that the Yankees “are not budging from the three-year, $45 million offer,” that they think Jeter and his agent need to “drink the reality potion,” and that the sides haven’t talked since before Thanksgiving and no talks are presently planned.
In other news, with Juan Uribe apparently about to sign with Los Angeles, there is a slot open at shortstop in San Francisco. And while Brian Sabean has been better lately, you can bet that big bottle of single malt Overpay Veterans he keeps in his desk drawer is calling out to him right now. Do it Brian . . . what harm could it do? Do . . . it . . .
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 47
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 97
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 67
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)