Nov 29, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
Can I tell you how much I’m enjoying all of this Derek Jeter business? Really, Gleeman and I are talking about just changing the name of this joint to JeterTalk and going 24/7 with this bad boy.
Anyway: we’ve heard a few reports that the Yankees may nudge their offer to Derek Jeter up a bit, if for no other reason than to give the Captain a way to save face. Wallace Matthews, however, has a source telling him that the Yankees “are not budging from the three-year, $45 million offer,” that they think Jeter and his agent need to “drink the reality potion,” and that the sides haven’t talked since before Thanksgiving and no talks are presently planned.
In other news, with Juan Uribe apparently about to sign with Los Angeles, there is a slot open at shortstop in San Francisco. And while Brian Sabean has been better lately, you can bet that big bottle of single malt Overpay Veterans he keeps in his desk drawer is calling out to him right now. Do it Brian . . . what harm could it do? Do . . . it . . .
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead