Nov 29, 2010, 11:49 AM EDT
MLB has announced the “postseason shares” for each of the playoff teams and the World Series-winning Giants lead the way at $317,631.29 per player, which is just slightly less than the MLB minimum salary for the entire season and some pretty nice change for a month’s work.
Rangers players will receive $246,279.55 apiece for their runner-up finish, while the team they knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, the Rays, will get $28,000 each.
Bengie Molina is likely in line for a “full share” from both the Giants and Rangers, which means he’ll take home an extra $563,910.84 or $43,377.75 per playoff game played.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness