Nov 29, 2010, 8:27 AM EST
While HBT launched in April 2009, I think of today as being a bit more significant, anniversary-wise. That’s because today marks one year since I ditched the legal gig and started blogging here full time.
In some ways this year has flown by. It has certainly gone by quicker than any of my years working in the shyster business. But by other measures, it seems like I started a million years ago. For example: on that first day of full time work one of my posts discussed whether Roy Halladay was worth risking valuable young arms like Joba Chamberlain in a potential trade. Another one celebrated Derek Jeter being named SI’s Sportsman of the Year.
Anyway, no point to this other than to say thank you to the millions of readers who have made this blog a success. You and your clicks have allowed me to do what I always wanted to do with my life: sit in my pajamas until noon, shave sparingly and avoid genuine human interaction as much as possible.
Oh, and the writing about sports thing is nice too.
(The pic comes from this cartoon from The Oatmeal which perfectly captures the pros and cons of working at home. NSFW language, however, so beware)
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)