Nov 29, 2010, 8:27 AM EDT
While HBT launched in April 2009, I think of today as being a bit more significant, anniversary-wise. That’s because today marks one year since I ditched the legal gig and started blogging here full time.
In some ways this year has flown by. It has certainly gone by quicker than any of my years working in the shyster business. But by other measures, it seems like I started a million years ago. For example: on that first day of full time work one of my posts discussed whether Roy Halladay was worth risking valuable young arms like Joba Chamberlain in a potential trade. Another one celebrated Derek Jeter being named SI’s Sportsman of the Year.
Anyway, no point to this other than to say thank you to the millions of readers who have made this blog a success. You and your clicks have allowed me to do what I always wanted to do with my life: sit in my pajamas until noon, shave sparingly and avoid genuine human interaction as much as possible.
Oh, and the writing about sports thing is nice too.
(The pic comes from this cartoon from The Oatmeal which perfectly captures the pros and cons of working at home. NSFW language, however, so beware)
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)