Nov 29, 2010, 8:27 AM EDT
While HBT launched in April 2009, I think of today as being a bit more significant, anniversary-wise. That’s because today marks one year since I ditched the legal gig and started blogging here full time.
In some ways this year has flown by. It has certainly gone by quicker than any of my years working in the shyster business. But by other measures, it seems like I started a million years ago. For example: on that first day of full time work one of my posts discussed whether Roy Halladay was worth risking valuable young arms like Joba Chamberlain in a potential trade. Another one celebrated Derek Jeter being named SI’s Sportsman of the Year.
Anyway, no point to this other than to say thank you to the millions of readers who have made this blog a success. You and your clicks have allowed me to do what I always wanted to do with my life: sit in my pajamas until noon, shave sparingly and avoid genuine human interaction as much as possible.
Oh, and the writing about sports thing is nice too.
(The pic comes from this cartoon from The Oatmeal which perfectly captures the pros and cons of working at home. NSFW language, however, so beware)
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 0
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 14
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 13
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 8
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)