Nov 29, 2010, 8:27 AM EDT
While HBT launched in April 2009, I think of today as being a bit more significant, anniversary-wise. That’s because today marks one year since I ditched the legal gig and started blogging here full time.
In some ways this year has flown by. It has certainly gone by quicker than any of my years working in the shyster business. But by other measures, it seems like I started a million years ago. For example: on that first day of full time work one of my posts discussed whether Roy Halladay was worth risking valuable young arms like Joba Chamberlain in a potential trade. Another one celebrated Derek Jeter being named SI’s Sportsman of the Year.
Anyway, no point to this other than to say thank you to the millions of readers who have made this blog a success. You and your clicks have allowed me to do what I always wanted to do with my life: sit in my pajamas until noon, shave sparingly and avoid genuine human interaction as much as possible.
Oh, and the writing about sports thing is nice too.
(The pic comes from this cartoon from The Oatmeal which perfectly captures the pros and cons of working at home. NSFW language, however, so beware)
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)