Nov 30, 2010, 11:37 AM EST
Pop quiz, hot shot! What’s the best thing about Stamford, Connecticut’s “Heights and Lights” Christmas event this year?
(a) that it will feature Yankees GM Brian Cashman rappelling down the side of a building as a “guest elf?” or
(b) that it takes place on the building directly outside of NBC Sports.com’s headquarters, and that some of my remote co-workers will get to watch it while sitting at their desks?
People back at HQ: this is an official request for pics as it’s happening.
In other news, security will be on high alert for Casey Close, who will not be allowed the rapelling area during Cashman’s rappel.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)