Nov 30, 2010, 11:37 AM EDT
Pop quiz, hot shot! What’s the best thing about Stamford, Connecticut’s “Heights and Lights” Christmas event this year?
(a) that it will feature Yankees GM Brian Cashman rappelling down the side of a building as a “guest elf?” or
(b) that it takes place on the building directly outside of NBC Sports.com’s headquarters, and that some of my remote co-workers will get to watch it while sitting at their desks?
People back at HQ: this is an official request for pics as it’s happening.
In other news, security will be on high alert for Casey Close, who will not be allowed the rapelling area during Cashman’s rappel.
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 0
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 1
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 12
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 7
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 29
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 21
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)