Nov 30, 2010, 8:22 PM EDT
Brian Sabean strikes again.
According to Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes, the Giants have agreed to a one-year, $6.5 million contract with veteran infielder Miguel Tejada. The contract will also include about $500,000 in pefromance-based bonuses.
Tejada no longer has good range at shortstop and batted just .269/.312/.381 over the course of the 2010 season. Paired with hefty third baseman Pablo Sandoval, the left side of San Francisco’s infield will have some serious holes next year.
The Giants had to scramble this winter after losing both Edgar Renteria and Juan Uribe, but this looks to be irresponsible spending.
Sabean and Co. are probably done looking into trading for Rays shortstop Jason Bartlett.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (129)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)