Nov 30, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Tampa Bay Rays fans are pretty clear-eyed about Carl Crawford leaving the team. It’s business. It happens. It makes no sense for the Rays to try and match big offers. They’re happy that he was in town for so long and wish him well on his future endeavors that do not involve playing against the Rays. Nice, really.
And the guys at DRays Bay are even trying to say good-bye to him. They’re taking up a collection to buy a full-page ad in the paper wishing Crawford the best of luck. I kind of like it in a “aint’ it meta for a website to be organizing a print campaign” kind of way. It’s fun.
No word if Rangers fans will be doing the same for Jeff Francoeur, but I’ll keep you posted.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 30
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)