Nov 30, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Tampa Bay Rays fans are pretty clear-eyed about Carl Crawford leaving the team. It’s business. It happens. It makes no sense for the Rays to try and match big offers. They’re happy that he was in town for so long and wish him well on his future endeavors that do not involve playing against the Rays. Nice, really.
And the guys at DRays Bay are even trying to say good-bye to him. They’re taking up a collection to buy a full-page ad in the paper wishing Crawford the best of luck. I kind of like it in a “aint’ it meta for a website to be organizing a print campaign” kind of way. It’s fun.
No word if Rangers fans will be doing the same for Jeff Francoeur, but I’ll keep you posted.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 60
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 142
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 55
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)