Nov 30, 2010, 11:00 AM EST
Tampa Bay Rays fans are pretty clear-eyed about Carl Crawford leaving the team. It’s business. It happens. It makes no sense for the Rays to try and match big offers. They’re happy that he was in town for so long and wish him well on his future endeavors that do not involve playing against the Rays. Nice, really.
And the guys at DRays Bay are even trying to say good-bye to him. They’re taking up a collection to buy a full-page ad in the paper wishing Crawford the best of luck. I kind of like it in a “aint’ it meta for a website to be organizing a print campaign” kind of way. It’s fun.
No word if Rangers fans will be doing the same for Jeff Francoeur, but I’ll keep you posted.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)