Nov 30, 2010, 5:19 PM EDT
Asked about his free agency while doing a radio interview this morning, A.J. Pierzynski replied that he’s “talking to the White Sox and some other teams” and “everyone knows the White Sox would be right up there as my first choice.”
Chicago declined to offer Pierzynski arbitration because he likely would have accepted and locked himself into at least $6.25 million for 2011, but both sides seem open to working out a new deal for a lesser salary.
Pierzynski’s backup, Ramon Castro, is under contract for 2011 and it’s possible the White Sox could turn to prospect Tyler Flowers behind the plate.
Whatever happens, hopefully Pierzynski’s job search will go better than his mustache-growing.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 90
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (91)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)