Nov 30, 2010, 5:19 PM EDT
Asked about his free agency while doing a radio interview this morning, A.J. Pierzynski replied that he’s “talking to the White Sox and some other teams” and “everyone knows the White Sox would be right up there as my first choice.”
Chicago declined to offer Pierzynski arbitration because he likely would have accepted and locked himself into at least $6.25 million for 2011, but both sides seem open to working out a new deal for a lesser salary.
Pierzynski’s backup, Ramon Castro, is under contract for 2011 and it’s possible the White Sox could turn to prospect Tyler Flowers behind the plate.
Whatever happens, hopefully Pierzynski’s job search will go better than his mustache-growing.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)