Nov 30, 2010, 5:19 PM EDT
Asked about his free agency while doing a radio interview this morning, A.J. Pierzynski replied that he’s “talking to the White Sox and some other teams” and “everyone knows the White Sox would be right up there as my first choice.”
Chicago declined to offer Pierzynski arbitration because he likely would have accepted and locked himself into at least $6.25 million for 2011, but both sides seem open to working out a new deal for a lesser salary.
Pierzynski’s backup, Ramon Castro, is under contract for 2011 and it’s possible the White Sox could turn to prospect Tyler Flowers behind the plate.
Whatever happens, hopefully Pierzynski’s job search will go better than his mustache-growing.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)