Nov 30, 2010, 5:19 PM EST
Asked about his free agency while doing a radio interview this morning, A.J. Pierzynski replied that he’s “talking to the White Sox and some other teams” and “everyone knows the White Sox would be right up there as my first choice.”
Chicago declined to offer Pierzynski arbitration because he likely would have accepted and locked himself into at least $6.25 million for 2011, but both sides seem open to working out a new deal for a lesser salary.
Pierzynski’s backup, Ramon Castro, is under contract for 2011 and it’s possible the White Sox could turn to prospect Tyler Flowers behind the plate.
Whatever happens, hopefully Pierzynski’s job search will go better than his mustache-growing.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)