Nov 30, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
I don’t believe that, obviously, but some people still do. The latest: Tim Dahlberg of the Associated Press:
But they do have to sign him. And they will have to give him more than three years. Assuming things don’t get too acrimonious between employee and employer, it will be money well spent. Jeter is the face of the Yankees this generation, just as Reggie Jackson was before him and Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra were before that.
Psst! Tim! Two of those three players ended their careers with teams other than the Yankees!
But that’s OK. We’ll give Dahlberg a pass because it’s not like he has said a lot of silly things before. Well, except that one time. And that other time. And yeah, he goes out of his way in today’s Derek Jeter piece to go after A-Rod, calling him “supposedly steroid-free.” But otherwise he’s right on it, jack.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 39
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)