Nov 30, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
I don’t believe that, obviously, but some people still do. The latest: Tim Dahlberg of the Associated Press:
But they do have to sign him. And they will have to give him more than three years. Assuming things don’t get too acrimonious between employee and employer, it will be money well spent. Jeter is the face of the Yankees this generation, just as Reggie Jackson was before him and Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra were before that.
Psst! Tim! Two of those three players ended their careers with teams other than the Yankees!
But that’s OK. We’ll give Dahlberg a pass because it’s not like he has said a lot of silly things before. Well, except that one time. And that other time. And yeah, he goes out of his way in today’s Derek Jeter piece to go after A-Rod, calling him “supposedly steroid-free.” But otherwise he’s right on it, jack.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)