Nov 30, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
I don’t believe that, obviously, but some people still do. The latest: Tim Dahlberg of the Associated Press:
But they do have to sign him. And they will have to give him more than three years. Assuming things don’t get too acrimonious between employee and employer, it will be money well spent. Jeter is the face of the Yankees this generation, just as Reggie Jackson was before him and Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra were before that.
Psst! Tim! Two of those three players ended their careers with teams other than the Yankees!
But that’s OK. We’ll give Dahlberg a pass because it’s not like he has said a lot of silly things before. Well, except that one time. And that other time. And yeah, he goes out of his way in today’s Derek Jeter piece to go after A-Rod, calling him “supposedly steroid-free.” But otherwise he’s right on it, jack.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (110)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)