Nov 30, 2010, 12:10 PM EDT
I don’t believe that, obviously, but some people still do. The latest: Tim Dahlberg of the Associated Press:
But they do have to sign him. And they will have to give him more than three years. Assuming things don’t get too acrimonious between employee and employer, it will be money well spent. Jeter is the face of the Yankees this generation, just as Reggie Jackson was before him and Mickey Mantle and Yogi Berra were before that.
Psst! Tim! Two of those three players ended their careers with teams other than the Yankees!
But that’s OK. We’ll give Dahlberg a pass because it’s not like he has said a lot of silly things before. Well, except that one time. And that other time. And yeah, he goes out of his way in today’s Derek Jeter piece to go after A-Rod, calling him “supposedly steroid-free.” But otherwise he’s right on it, jack.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)