Nov 30, 2010, 3:30 PM EDT
Or so Ken Rosenthal reports. I can’t imagine why they’d want to go with another aging, ex-Red Sox defensive liability in left field after getting rid of Manny Ramirez, but there’s a lot I don’t understand about this world.
If the Dodgers do sign Damon, it would just be the latest in a series of bold moves for a team that many thought would be doing nothing this winter. They’ve already signed Ted Lilly, Juan Uribe, Hiroki Kuroda and Jon Garland for cryin’ out loud. I’d like a Damon signing the least among those moves, however. This is a team that has a pretty nice rotation and a centerfielder in Matt Kemp who took a big step back defensively last season. You think you’d want someone in left who could get after the ball. Or, better yet, a centerfielder who could do so, allowing Kemp to be shifted to left.
As for Damon, if the Dodgers don’t really have any interest in him, no worries: Jon Heyman says that he’d be a great fit on all manner of AL East teams. And if you can’t believe what Heyman says about a Scott Boras client, what can you believe in this crazy world?
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)