Nov 30, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
And you thought Johnny Damon was nuts. Rosenthal mentions another potential Dodger target: Jason Varitek.
This may be a bit more iffy than a lot of rumors because, according to Rosenthal, the Dodgers are looking at a ton of different catchers as they try to figure out if Russell Martin can still play. But the fact that they’re even considering Varitek is kind of astounding. He truly has nothing left.
Wait! I got it! Johnny Damon . . . Jason Varitek . . . The Dodgers are trying to do inestimable damage to the Red Sox’ psyche!
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)