Nov 30, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
And you thought Johnny Damon was nuts. Rosenthal mentions another potential Dodger target: Jason Varitek.
This may be a bit more iffy than a lot of rumors because, according to Rosenthal, the Dodgers are looking at a ton of different catchers as they try to figure out if Russell Martin can still play. But the fact that they’re even considering Varitek is kind of astounding. He truly has nothing left.
Wait! I got it! Johnny Damon . . . Jason Varitek . . . The Dodgers are trying to do inestimable damage to the Red Sox’ psyche!
- Roy Halladay is retiring 13
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 24
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)