Nov 30, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
And you thought Johnny Damon was nuts. Rosenthal mentions another potential Dodger target: Jason Varitek.
This may be a bit more iffy than a lot of rumors because, according to Rosenthal, the Dodgers are looking at a ton of different catchers as they try to figure out if Russell Martin can still play. But the fact that they’re even considering Varitek is kind of astounding. He truly has nothing left.
Wait! I got it! Johnny Damon . . . Jason Varitek . . . The Dodgers are trying to do inestimable damage to the Red Sox’ psyche!
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 1
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)