Nov 30, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
And you thought Johnny Damon was nuts. Rosenthal mentions another potential Dodger target: Jason Varitek.
This may be a bit more iffy than a lot of rumors because, according to Rosenthal, the Dodgers are looking at a ton of different catchers as they try to figure out if Russell Martin can still play. But the fact that they’re even considering Varitek is kind of astounding. He truly has nothing left.
Wait! I got it! Johnny Damon . . . Jason Varitek . . . The Dodgers are trying to do inestimable damage to the Red Sox’ psyche!
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (139)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)