Another “Greinke won’t go to New York” report

Dec 1, 2010, 2:02 PM EDT

Zack Greinke

Following up on Passan’s from yesterday and King’s from this morning, Nick Carfado passes along word from a source that Zack Greinke would never accept a trade to New York.

So it’s 2-1, no dice. Unless we get a matching bid, I’m going to assume Greinke goes to the Rangers.  Cool?

Cool.

1. sportsdrenched - Dec 1, 2010 at 2:15 PM

Cool.

The more I thought about Greinke in NY, the more it didn’t end well for either party.

Having listened to this guy do interviews since he played for the Wichita Wranglers I just dodn’t see it working. He marches to the beat of a different drummer, and it would drive the media in NY bat-crap crazy to hear some of the stuff he says.

2. uyf1950 - Dec 1, 2010 at 2:20 PM

To Graig – I can’t see him in NY either. But you know what they say about people who “assume”.

3. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Dec 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM

I’d like to see him in a Rangers uniform WITH Lee and just watch them eat the AL West alive…but I won’t count on that :)

4. roycethebaseballhack - Dec 1, 2010 at 4:13 PM

I too would Love to see Zack in a Rangers uniform. A few things, though..
    1) Even though Zack is flourishing in the AL, he has expressed how much he loves to hit. He reportedtly takes batting practice regularly. So…he may favor a Trade to an NL, team. He’d look good in an Astros uniform, if you asked me.
    2) Unlike our man, Cliff, Zack is not free agent. And KC is not likely to just let him go without some substantial talent in a trade. That’s the only thing that bothers me, from a Rangers vantage point. If I were KC, I would want Andrus, or Cruz, or maybe Kinsler in trade, and some cash. If they’d take Wilson, and save some scratch, it might be worth it to them, since they seem to be locked in Perpetual Rebuild Hell, but they’d probably prefer a young, proven talent who can hit.

• uyf1950 - Dec 1, 2010 at 5:40 PM

Didn’t Greinke say he want to play for a winner? I don’t think Houston qualifies.

1. H. Pence (2182)