Dec 1, 2010, 4:45 PM EST
UPDATE: Slusser just posted a few tweets walking back her report about Dunn meeting with the A’s yesterday, including: “I’m told much to my horror that the Chronicle’s report of earlier today that the Athletics met with Dunn is not accurate.”
She stands by the information about the A’s being “in the mix” for Dunn, but the meeting never took place and, as I wrote initially, it’s hard to take Oakland as a realistic landing spot for him either way.
A’s representatives traveled to Houston yesterday to meet with Lance Berkman and while in Texas they also had a separate meeting with Adam Dunn, according to Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle.
I’m sure Billy Beane and company had extensive sales pitches prepared for both players, but I prefer to imagine the A’s ringing Dunn’s doorbell and shouting “hey, we were in the neighborhood, so we decided to stop by!” as he answers the door wearing pajamas, slippers, and bed-head.
Dunn signing with Oakland seems highly unlikely given his reported asking price, but the A’s have been linked to Berkman repeatedly throughout the offseason and are clearly looking at various veteran designated hitter options following reports that they may non-tender Jack Cust.
- MLB declares Hector Olivera a free agent 0
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)