Dec 1, 2010, 9:21 AM EST
We’re heading towards a judge’s ruling regarding who owns the Dodgers. That’s because yesterday Jamie McCourt rejected the settlement proposed by the mediator. Frank accepted it, but as we know, it takes two to tango.
The best part was Frank’s statement afterward, issued through his lawyers, in which he said that accepting it was “the responsible thing to do for his family, the Dodgers organization and the entire community,” and that “we can only conclude that Jamie . . . is allowing this matter to drag on further.”
This despite the fact that the parties are subject to a strict gag order regarding the settlement process and the case at large. The L.A. Times story quoted someone saying that this was calculated by Frank to make Jamie look greedy. Know what? After everything we’ve learned about the McCourts over the past year, I don’t think either side needs the other’s help in that regard. And I bet the judge rips Frank a new one over it.
That aside, we can assume one thing: Jamie’s rejection of the settlement — which I believe likely favored Jamie to begin with — suggests that she feels very strongly about her case. She must be convinced that the judge is going to invalidate the post-marital agreement and make the Dodgers community property.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)