Dec 1, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Jon Heyman talked to Jim Edmonds’ agent who says that Edmonds is thinking about one more year. He agent says he goes back and forth, however.
We heard similar things from Edmonds back in October. I feel the same way about it now that I did then: Who wants him? He suffered some pretty significant injuries last year and his desire flagged according to GMs in both Milwaukee and Cincinnati. Edmonds said he’d accept a backup first baseman’s job, but really, can you count on him being ready both physically and mentally?
I can see a non-roster invitation someplace, where he’d really have to prove himself, sorta like what Andruw Jones did with the White Sox. I can’t see anyone making room for him simply because he’s Jim Edmonds, however.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)