Dec 1, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Jon Heyman talked to Jim Edmonds’ agent who says that Edmonds is thinking about one more year. He agent says he goes back and forth, however.
We heard similar things from Edmonds back in October. I feel the same way about it now that I did then: Who wants him? He suffered some pretty significant injuries last year and his desire flagged according to GMs in both Milwaukee and Cincinnati. Edmonds said he’d accept a backup first baseman’s job, but really, can you count on him being ready both physically and mentally?
I can see a non-roster invitation someplace, where he’d really have to prove himself, sorta like what Andruw Jones did with the White Sox. I can’t see anyone making room for him simply because he’s Jim Edmonds, however.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (361)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)