Dec 1, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Jon Heyman talked to Jim Edmonds’ agent who says that Edmonds is thinking about one more year. He agent says he goes back and forth, however.
We heard similar things from Edmonds back in October. I feel the same way about it now that I did then: Who wants him? He suffered some pretty significant injuries last year and his desire flagged according to GMs in both Milwaukee and Cincinnati. Edmonds said he’d accept a backup first baseman’s job, but really, can you count on him being ready both physically and mentally?
I can see a non-roster invitation someplace, where he’d really have to prove himself, sorta like what Andruw Jones did with the White Sox. I can’t see anyone making room for him simply because he’s Jim Edmonds, however.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)