Dec 1, 2010, 2:30 PM EST
Jon Heyman talked to Jim Edmonds’ agent who says that Edmonds is thinking about one more year. He agent says he goes back and forth, however.
We heard similar things from Edmonds back in October. I feel the same way about it now that I did then: Who wants him? He suffered some pretty significant injuries last year and his desire flagged according to GMs in both Milwaukee and Cincinnati. Edmonds said he’d accept a backup first baseman’s job, but really, can you count on him being ready both physically and mentally?
I can see a non-roster invitation someplace, where he’d really have to prove himself, sorta like what Andruw Jones did with the White Sox. I can’t see anyone making room for him simply because he’s Jim Edmonds, however.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)