Dec 1, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
Jon Heyman talked to Jim Edmonds’ agent who says that Edmonds is thinking about one more year. He agent says he goes back and forth, however.
We heard similar things from Edmonds back in October. I feel the same way about it now that I did then: Who wants him? He suffered some pretty significant injuries last year and his desire flagged according to GMs in both Milwaukee and Cincinnati. Edmonds said he’d accept a backup first baseman’s job, but really, can you count on him being ready both physically and mentally?
I can see a non-roster invitation someplace, where he’d really have to prove himself, sorta like what Andruw Jones did with the White Sox. I can’t see anyone making room for him simply because he’s Jim Edmonds, however.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 20
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 16
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)