Dec 1, 2010, 9:38 PM EDT
Business is about to pick up.
Fresh off meeting with Carl Crawford and his representatives in Houston earlier today, the Red Sox are scheduled to meet with agent Scott Boras tomorrow, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports.
On the agenda? His clients Adrian Beltre and Jayson Werth.
We learned earlier this week that Boras has heard from Angels’ officials multiple times this winter and that he even had dinner with general manager Tony Reagins. Mark Saxon of ESPNLosAngeles.com has identified closer Rafael Soriano as the club’s top target among Boras’ clients, but Beltre and Werth could be fallback options in the event that they are unable to sign Crawford.
Basically, we should get used to this Red Sox-Angels dynamic over the next few weeks.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)