Dec 1, 2010, 9:38 PM EST
Business is about to pick up.
Fresh off meeting with Carl Crawford and his representatives in Houston earlier today, the Red Sox are scheduled to meet with agent Scott Boras tomorrow, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports.
On the agenda? His clients Adrian Beltre and Jayson Werth.
We learned earlier this week that Boras has heard from Angels’ officials multiple times this winter and that he even had dinner with general manager Tony Reagins. Mark Saxon of ESPNLosAngeles.com has identified closer Rafael Soriano as the club’s top target among Boras’ clients, but Beltre and Werth could be fallback options in the event that they are unable to sign Crawford.
Basically, we should get used to this Red Sox-Angels dynamic over the next few weeks.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)