Dec 1, 2010, 9:38 PM EDT
Business is about to pick up.
Fresh off meeting with Carl Crawford and his representatives in Houston earlier today, the Red Sox are scheduled to meet with agent Scott Boras tomorrow, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports.
On the agenda? His clients Adrian Beltre and Jayson Werth.
We learned earlier this week that Boras has heard from Angels’ officials multiple times this winter and that he even had dinner with general manager Tony Reagins. Mark Saxon of ESPNLosAngeles.com has identified closer Rafael Soriano as the club’s top target among Boras’ clients, but Beltre and Werth could be fallback options in the event that they are unable to sign Crawford.
Basically, we should get used to this Red Sox-Angels dynamic over the next few weeks.
- Rays play Saturday’s game against the Blue Jays under protest 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 10
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 33
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)