Dec 1, 2010, 9:38 PM EDT
Business is about to pick up.
Fresh off meeting with Carl Crawford and his representatives in Houston earlier today, the Red Sox are scheduled to meet with agent Scott Boras tomorrow, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports.
On the agenda? His clients Adrian Beltre and Jayson Werth.
We learned earlier this week that Boras has heard from Angels’ officials multiple times this winter and that he even had dinner with general manager Tony Reagins. Mark Saxon of ESPNLosAngeles.com has identified closer Rafael Soriano as the club’s top target among Boras’ clients, but Beltre and Werth could be fallback options in the event that they are unable to sign Crawford.
Basically, we should get used to this Red Sox-Angels dynamic over the next few weeks.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 100
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (150)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)