Dec 1, 2010, 9:38 PM EDT
Business is about to pick up.
Fresh off meeting with Carl Crawford and his representatives in Houston earlier today, the Red Sox are scheduled to meet with agent Scott Boras tomorrow, according to Tim Brown of Yahoo! Sports.
On the agenda? His clients Adrian Beltre and Jayson Werth.
We learned earlier this week that Boras has heard from Angels’ officials multiple times this winter and that he even had dinner with general manager Tony Reagins. Mark Saxon of ESPNLosAngeles.com has identified closer Rafael Soriano as the club’s top target among Boras’ clients, but Beltre and Werth could be fallback options in the event that they are unable to sign Crawford.
Basically, we should get used to this Red Sox-Angels dynamic over the next few weeks.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 11
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)